Be inspired by Colorado’s rich, Western heritage. Pre-read this year’s stories about Colorado & The West on the Stories page
1. All children must be residents of Colorado.
2. Children must be between the ages of 5-18 years old.
3. Artwork must be horizontal (landscape).
4. Artwork must be done with markers or paint. We like bright and colorful images! Digital Artwork also accepted.
5. Artwork must be scanned and electronically submitted through our submission form. Please scan and upload at the highest possible resolution. DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF ARTWORK. ARTWORK MUST BE SCANNED AND SENT AS PDF OR JPEG.
6. Parents or teachers must sign an electronic permission form for entry to be valid.
7. Entry deadline for the 2020 contest will be posted soon!
8. There will be a grand prize winner, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winner for elementary, middle, and high school entries. Awards will be sent through the mail to the participant’s Art Teacher.
9. Winning artwork and honorable mentions will be posted on this website on April 1st, 2019. Select artwork will also be used as illustrations in Colorado Kids Create books.
To enter, please visit the Artwork Upload/Permission Form page. Thank you for participating in this year’s contest!
2020 Prize Details
Stay tuned for the 2020 price details!