Be inspired by Colorado’s rich, Western heritage. Pre-read this year’s stories about Colorado & The West on the Stories page
1. All children must be residents of Colorado.
2. Children must be between the ages of 5-18 years old.
3. Artwork must be horizontal (landscape).
4. Artwork must be done with markers or paint. We like bright and colorful images! Digital Artwork also accepted.
5. Artwork must be scanned and electronically submitted through our submission form. Please scan and upload at the highest possible resolution. DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF ARTWORK. ARTWORK MUST BE SCANNED AND SENT AS PDF OR JPEG.
6. Parents or teachers must sign an electronic permission form for entry to be valid.
7. Entries must be received by March 15th, 2019.
8. There will be a grand prize winner, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winner for elementary, middle, and high school entries. Awards will be sent through the mail to the participant’s Art Teacher.
9. Winning artwork and honorable mentions will be posted on this website on April 1st, 2019. Select artwork will also be used as illustrations in Colorado Kids Create books.
To enter, please visit the Artwork Upload/Permission Form page. Thank you for participating in this year’s contest!
2019 Prize Details
Grand Prize– A weekend stay at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park for the winning student and winning teacher’s families, plus everything listed below.
NoCo Regional Prize– A hayride/campfire for 20 people at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in Loveland, plus everything listed below.
1st-4th place (elementary, middle, and high school)- Topo Design Backpacks, Blick Art Gift Certificates, Tickets for the Greeley History Museum, two age appropriate Monart lessons to all winning art teachers and students, & a Monart training DVD.
1st-4th place digital division – Topo Design Backpacks, Blick Art Gift Certificates, Tickets for the Greeley History Museum, two age appropriate Monart lessons to all winning art teachers and students, & a Monart training DVD.
Student Artwork will be featured throughout the year in the Collage Magazine, a publication for Colorado Art Educators