Be inspired by Colorado’s rich, Western heritage. Pre-read this year’s stories about Colorado & The West on the Stories page
1. All children must be residents of Colorado.
2. Children must be between the ages of 5-18 years old.
3. Artwork must be horizontal (landscape).
4. Artwork must be done with markers or paint. We like bright and colorful images!
5. Artwork must be scanned and electronically submitted through our submission form. Please scan and upload at the highest possible resolution. DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF ARTWORK. ARTWORK MUST BE SCANNED AND SENT AS PDF OR JPEG.
6. Parents or teachers must sign an electronic permission form for entry to be valid.
7. Entry deadline is March 1st, 2020.
8. There will be a grand prize winner, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winner for elementary, middle, and high school entries. Awards will be sent through the mail to the participant’s Art Teacher. Homeschools are not eligible for the cash prize, but may donate it to the art department of their choosing as long as it is within a Colorado public school.
9. Winning artwork and honorable mentions will be posted on this website on April 1st, 2020
To enter, please visit the Artwork Upload/Permission Form page. Thank you for participating in this year’s contest!